The simulation system SIMBA#Biogas is a versatile software for modelling and dynamic simulation of biogas plants (agricultural, waste) which are based on the wet digestion principle. SIMBA#Biogas is a stand-alone simulation platform and replaces the biogas modelling of the previous software SIMBA 6.6, which requires the software Matlab®/ Simulink from MathWorks Inc.
SIMBA#Biogas offers all components needed for a sound analysis of wet digestion plants. The solution includes explicit reactor models, a digestion model approach capable of multiple substrates, based on the Anaerobic Digestion Model No. 1 (ADM1) of the International Water Association, and a corresponding influent model. SIMBA#Biogas allows the realisation of a wide range of applications in engineering practice, research and education. This includes design and optimisation of plant layouts, processes and control concepts.
SIMBA#Biogas is programmed in C# and can be used with Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems.
Sales and Support
- Design of biogas plants
- Development and testing of individual real-time process control solutions
- Assessment of plant performance
- Optimisation of feeding strategies and plant operation
- Pre-configured input models for various agricultural waste sources
- State-of-the-art biokinetic model based on ADM1
- Support of different process control concepts (function blocks, Petri nets, PLC code)
- Prediction of COD, TSS, VSS, NH4, N, pH, CH4, VOA, TAC
- Comfortable editors for model developments and extensions